Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Thankful

Today, while in church I was thinking about how thankful I am to have joined the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. What a blessing it was to be baptized by my Uncle, and be confirmed by Kyle. I am so excited to teach our future children about the gospel, and the importance of the temple. It makes me happy to know that our kids will grow up with this church in their lives, and have family prayer, family home home evening, and going to church every Sunday together as a family. I am just SO thankful for the gospel and knowledge it has brought me in my life. I have only been a member for just over a year and a half, but since getting baptized I can almost not remember not being apart of this church. I love it so much! I can never convey how thankful I am to have found the truth.
In writing this entry it has made me think of other things I am thankful for...
~Kyle, and all of his love and support, being an amazing husband, and a great person, I love him so much, I am so thankful for being sealed to him in the temple, and knowing that we truly will be together forever.
~My mom, if it wasn't for her I probably wouldn't be alive, all of her support and telling me I could be whatever I wanted to be while growing up. I wouldn't be the person I am today with out her
~My dad, even though I didn't get to be with him very much growing up, the time we have spent together.
~Alex, he is just one amazing little brother
~Corynne, Megan, and Joshua, for being great siblings, even though we didn't get along all the time, they taught me so much.
~And my family as a whole, I love them so much!
~Kyle's parents, they are such amazing people and all their help this past year
~Kirstie and Bill, and all that they do for us
~my nieces and nephew, for being all around awesome, and fun to be with
~Life, oh it is good to be alive!
~having family and friends, who I know will always be there
~having a home and food, and a bed to sleep on
~having clothes
~for school
~having pictures of the many memories I have in my life
~having a camera so I can take more pictures
~having electricity and appliances
~having a laptop
~having a tv
~having numerous books to read
There are just so many things I am thankful for big and small, I love my life even though we may not have a lot of money, we have a lot of love, and that truly is priceless, and worth more than any amount of money. I am SO blessed for everything I have, spiritually and physically. <3

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the reminder of all I am thankful for too. One of those things was you becoming a member of our family. You are pretty special! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet post. You have an amazing testimony and love for the gospel. Reading your post made me teary eyed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alysa,
    Just checking on you to see how you are feeling.
    How did you do on your medicine today? You can beat this!!! Take your meds 1 hour before you eat or eat and then take your meds 2 to 3 hours after you eat. It is on the bottle sweetie, if you forget. I love you Sweetheart!!! :)

    ReplyDelete