Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, January 17, 2014

So this year I am going to try my hardest to post at least once a month...
This month I finally started Accutane for my horrible cysts that have been popping up everywhere on my face and ears, I really, really hope it helps. Now while I am on this medicine it is imperative that I do not get pregnant, because of horrible birth defects that can occur. So in order to be on this I have to take a pregnancy test once a month, and pick up the Accutane from the pharmacist one week after the test, also I have to take a quiz that asks me questions like what can happen if you get pregnant? etc. And just in case that wasn't enough warning the pill packets come with this picture... I laughed when I first opened the box.
Yes that is a picture of pregnant lady with a cross out through her...I think I get the point.
Anywhos a lovely side effect that comes with this medicine are bloody noses, I had at least 6 yesterday and one already this morning at about 7, luckily though they usually only last a minute or two, a small price to pay though, if this medicine clears up my cysts/acne for possibly forever! (Fingers crossed!)

So on with the BIG news! The other day the Wilson's Disease Association announced that there was a new drug in the making! Here is the link for more info: New Wilson's Disease Drug!  My favorite thing about it (I know it's not out yet, but it only needs to be taken once a day!) as opposed to three times a day. So needless to say I am super excited!!! I really hope the trials go well and they fast-track the approval, so it can be out in the next few years. AHHH! SO exciting!!! Oh and did I mention this medicine is geared towards people with neurological systems (i.e. people like me!) Which they do not yet have one on the market yet...I am so EXCITED!!! Yes I know I have said that a lot, but seriously it is exciting news!!

That is all the news I have for now =] Two posts will be coming soon about my birthday(cake) and Charleston trip! (Hopefully)


No comments:

Post a Comment