Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, January 16, 2012

What a fantastic start to the new year!!

Okay so first off I will start by saying I am not a huge sports fanatic, with the exception of the 49ers...I grew up watching them, through the good and bad, but my devotion has never wavered. I have always loved them. I remember growing up and having our Christmas tree decked out in true 49er style with red and gold ornaments and garland. Now it is true that I myself did not"choose" this team, It was my step dad's and grandpa's team. As you can see from this picture (and this isn't even a fraction of what 49er memorabilia my grandpa had)
And why you might ask are we 49er fans when the Sea Hawks (or how they were known in our house as the Sea Chickens) are so much closer to where we all grew up? Well the answer is quite simple the Niners were there first, so it kind of shows how deeply devoted to our team we are.
I will admit, however, that I took a little hiatus from football the past few years, after moving out...but have I ever rooted against the Niners? HECK NO!! Will I ever? NO WAY!! They will always and forever be my team through the good and bad =]


Okay, so what's this fantastic start, I speak of? It's the 49er vs. Saints game last Saturday! It was the most nail biting, heart attack inducing, greatest football game I have ever seen. Kyle and I went to Winger's to watch the 2nd half of the game...Poor Kyle I think I embarrassed him for how much I was yelling at the tv the last few minutes. It went something like this:
"go go go GO GO GOOOOOO!!! YEAAAAAAAAAA!!"
to
"no no no NO NO NOOOOOO!! ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?! NO!!"
to
"okay, they can still do this"
"30,29,28,27,26,25,24,23,22,21,20,19,18,17,16,15,14...13,12,11,10..."
to
"OH MY GOSH!!! THEY DID IT!!!! YES!! YES!! YES!!!!!"
^the last minute and a half of the game, hopefully I'll be able to find one of the last 5min soon...but to summarize my yelling, basically the Niner's scored a touchdown, then the Saints scored to take the lead, then in the last 14 seconds of the game the 49ers scored ANOTHER touchdown for the WIN! With all that happening in the last 5 minutes of the game! This game is something I will never forget!!!





1 comment:

  1. You are right! It was a great game, one of the best I've ever seen. It probably took me five minutes to pick my jaw off the floor! AWESOME!!!!

    ReplyDelete