Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Celebration of Life - A farewell to Spencer

Last week Spencer Kimball Riddle passed away at the age of 23, after his battle with Cystic Fibrosis.
Spencer was a close friend of mine who I have known since I was 14. I met him on Star Bright World, an online place for seriously/chronically ill children to go and chat and forget about their icky illness and just chill and be "normal."
Spence was an extraordinary person, who always knew how to put smile on your face even in the toughest of times. He was so full of life and always silly. His favorite band was They Might Be Giants, which is a very silly band and if you haven't heard of them you should go listen, they are pretty fantastic.
He helped me through my parent's divorce, just letting me cry on the phone, he always knew just what to say. He also kicked my hiney when I got lax about my meds =] He was always always there for me.
He touch so many lives during his short time here on earth, I can only hope to inspire and touch half as many people as he did.
Yesterday his wife Nikki organized a worldwide release of red and purple balloons to honor his life. I got 7 balloons on which I had Kyle write some things Spence used to say..."*tackle hugs*" "you're amazing!" "love ya lots," along with til we meet again, breathe easy.
Letting go of the balloons was alot harder than I thought it would be...I asked Kyle if he was ready (to take pictures) and he replied "yes" and I just kept holding on, until finally after a couple of minutes I let go, and watched them sail away into the sun...





I love you my dear friend Spence, you will missed by many, but never forgotten <3



1 comment: