Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Our trip to Coeur d'Alene and Spokane

Hey everyone, Kyle here, just thought that I'd start with at least posting something that we've done recently and I guess I'll talk about the trip Alysa and I took in between her school quarters.
So Alysa, had a 3 week break between going to CSU San Bernadino and BYU-Idaho and we thought it would be a great opportunity to head up so I could meet the other part of her family I had not met in person as of yet being up in Coeur d'Alene and Spokane up in the North Western area she grew up in. Anyways, the trip started up here in Cedar City, UT where I am working for the time being and we had to go back to Murrieta (about 6 hours south on the I-15) to see my family and pack up her dorm. After that we stayed a few days in Murrieta while I worked my nerves up to go and meet her family. I have not had the much luck with her family (her Dad and step-mother) down there and was a little nervous about meeting anyone else she was related to. We then made the trip up to Rexburg, signed a contract for her apartment for the term and finished our 21 hour drive up to Spokane where we had Easter dinner at her grandmother's house. I got to meet just about all of her family in the same sitting. They were really nice for the most part and put a lot of my fears to sleep. I was able to win the approval of her family for the most part. I guess that them actually meeting me was good. They could sleep easier knowing I wasnt all tattooed up with lots of piercings. We stayed about a week at her Step-Dad's house. He was great! He had just had shoulder surgery and was on a lot of pain meds which made him pretty funny. Also he was a great cook. I don't know why I had never known this before, but that area (especially around Coeur d'Alene Lake) is absolutely beautiful. The one downside to this trip was when I lost my wallet while we were hanging out in Spokane and the Riverview Park. I'm not going to lie, I was quite afraid that it was going to be lost forever. We searched everywhere that we possibly could have been and to no luck. We left Spokane and headed back to Coeur d'Alene for the night distraught and trying to figure out how we were possibly going to afford the rest of the trip. That next morning I get a text message with a phone number from my parents and am told to call a Park Ranger. Anyways the Park Ranger had found my wallet and found a business card from my brother and saw the same last name and decided to call my brother's work who eventually got the message to my parents who got to me. So it was a miracle that my wallet was found. After our little vacation up in North Idaho we headed back to Rexburg, threw all of her stuff into her new apartment and headed down to meet my parents in Park City for our last weekend before having to go back to work and her to start her term at school. We had a great time up there and we lucked out, there was unexpected snow up there that week so we got to be there the last weekend there was any snow. I loved the entire trip and I'll try to get some picture from our trip up here. One last thing it was a total of a 3K mile trip. Alright, until next time!
~Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment